Thursday 13 November 2014

18 things to do whilst I'm 18

I think it's fair to say that this year hasn't really been my year. College was meant to be my fresh start yet I've ended up in a worse place than before. I won't be playing the blame game but what I will be doing is just trying again.

For as long as I can remember I've always speculated over how my 18th birthday would pan out. In my head it was going to be massive and unforgettable and whilst that may not be the way it's going ahead I did always vow to myself that I'd get myself in check when I turned 18.

I suppose maybe the reason I'm so attracted to the idea of being more in control and having my life sorted when I'm 18 is the fact that legally I'm an adult. Realistically I know that means nothing. I'll still live at home and I'll still be at college. I won't wake up totally reborn with a new lease of life I'll just be a year older and I won't have to worry about my fake ID letting me down. However that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least try and change the things about my life that are getting me down. Typing that has made me think I've been overambitious but I don't care, I just want to try.

So I've made a list of 18 things to whilst I'm 18





















Even if I'm unable to fulfil everything that's on this list I'll still be happy if I just achieve one. I love setting myself targets and being able to tick them off once I've achieved them. I don't know whether it's the weird sense of enjoyment for the few seconds it takes to cross it off or the sense of pride at my productivity but either way I feel like this is the best way to go about trying to accomplish my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment